Pages

Sunday 30 September 2012

Learnt of a tragic loss today

I often read and take part in the support forums of Macmillan and ProstateCancerUK , I find them supportive and a comfort. Its great to be able to converse with people who are going through the same journey as yourself and also get support from their partners who understand what we are going through. Today I was quite shocked and saddened at the death of a chap on the forums who passed away aged 60. He was diagnosed with the same Gleeson Scores as me 7 years ago and had the same operation I am having. It really hits home that even after you have the operation you have to hope the cancer hasnt broken out of the capsule. Also, if it has, you have to have faith to fight on. As he did. Got to think positive and hope its all contained and can be removed. Dont fancy the years of radiation, hormones, chemo ....

Went to a horse show today that was raising money for Cancer Research UK and wore my new fundraising t-shirt from the latest StandUp To Cancer TV campaign launched on C4. Have also ordered a hoodie as the funds go towards research and a cure.



I do need to learn to smile more ...

Had a go on my daughters friends horse .. for a photo..


1 comment: