Pages

Saturday 15 September 2012

21st August 2012 – so where is the appointment for the second opinion????

I phoned and spoke with my clinical nurse in Shrewsbury. Discussed my concerns with her and she was fabulous. She is on holiday next week, as I am, but has said that she will go with me to the next meeting with the urologist. She will also have a private meeting with me and my wife afterwards to go through everything again to be sure I am happy and didnt miss anything.  Told her that really my mind has come around to the surgery but I want the right surgeon so I can have the best chance. Told her what Prostate Cancer UK said about the surgeon needing to be doing over 50 of the procedure a year. she was surprised at this but said we could talk about getting it done by another health authority. 
She checked my records and said all the scan information was there now, the new urologist will therefore have the information. She said the letter of referral to the new chap was in his secretary’s tray and she would make sure it gets actioned. Told her i would phone her when i have the appointment confirmed so we can arrange for her to be there

No comments:

Post a Comment