Pages

Thursday 20 September 2012

19th September 2012 - NHS Farce strikes again

Arrived home after workign in the south for a couple of days and there was  a letter from Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital Trust.

Remember that 'urgent' referral they were arranging so i could have a second opinion on what treatment I was going to have. Well this is urgent for them - December 2012, nearly 5 months after I asked for the second opinion. I find this really incredible.

If I had not gone private and sorted out my treatment I would be sat at home with all the worry of wondering what was going to happen. Basically I feel that the initial consultant on the NHS tried to railroad me into a treatment , because I didnt accept this and asked for a second opinion they put me on active surveillance so they could tell the government \ NHS they were doing something, when in fact they were just fiddling statistics.

We say we get the NHS for free, well we dont, I and millions of others pay high taxes for this service and this is a sham. Maybe its just the area I live in - its in the countryside, not a big city.

I do hope the rest of the NHS services i will need after my hospital visit wont be like this.

One plus point today, Macmillan Cancer Care ( Charity ) sent me my personal organiser so I can put all my details in the one book. Its like a fileofax binder with all the right pages in it to put in your diagnosis, tretament, personal details, doctors, nurses, next of kin  .. basically everything. All in a handy binder that I can carry around with me.

http://be.macmillan.org.uk/be/s-435-macmillan-organiser.aspx?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=heropanel&utm_campaign=macmillanorganiser

No comments:

Post a Comment