Pages

Friday 28 September 2012

27th Sept - So good to speak with someone .......

Thursday I had a phone call from Ian, from the local prostate support group near where I live. For weeks I have been reading forums and exchanging small messages with people online. But to actually speak with someone who has gone through everything I am going through at the moment was such a relief. It was calming, re-asssuring , whatever we would like to call it - it was just what i needed right now. I was able to explain what was happening and he was able to share with me his journey - somewhat very similar - same Gleeson etc.

There is so much you cannot put down in forum messages that you can discuss in conversation. Exchanging views on transport, talking about the after effects and recover aspects, the post op and pre op. Ian also spoke with my wife before speaking to me and was able to put things to her about what would happen that I dont think she fully knew as I hadnt gone into that much detail - I hadnt managed to find the words. I think sometimes that a problem when you are close with your partner.

We chatted for about an hour and it was the best conversation I have had , apart from the meeting with Mr Doherty , since I was told I had cancer.

Things are looking up .. you never know .. I have bought a lottery ticket just in case my lucks in -:)

Ordered myself a Stand Up For Cancer hoodie to go with the T-Shirt I have bought. Gonna wear my hoodie and t-shirt when I am in hospital. Proceeds of the purchase go to Cancer Research UK.

http://www.standuptocancer.org.uk/

Will be watching the channel 4 programmes while I am in hospital .

No comments:

Post a Comment