Pages

Saturday 15 September 2012

13th June to the Princess Royal Hospital , Telford I went.

I duly attended outpatients at the Princess Royal Hospital (Telford, Shropshire) , known as PRH.

I love the NHS hospitals, you go to one reception area, then they move you to another, then finally another before you are called in. Its like being at Disney, it gives you the illusion that things are happening but really they are just shuffling your around and preventing boredom. 

I saw a great chap, consultant, very pleasant. He went through the letter from the private company who had done the test. He explained that he would re do the tests, and DRE. He also said that due to my family history, father having had Prostate Cancer and my age, that if the PSA came back high he would send me for a Biopsy – no explanation as to this or the complications. I just accepted what he said, after all, he was the expert! He did the DRE , again , like the GP’s I just assumed the position and it was over in no time at all.

He passed me to a nurse who then did MRSA, Urine and Blood Tests. Hospital nurse joked about the MRSA as they had to do this to confirm they were not infecting me. Then it was time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment