Pages

Thursday 20 September 2012

17th September 2012 - Hospital Information Arrives

A large envelope drops through the letterbox. Its from The Birmingham Prostate Clinic and the Clinical Nurse.

All the infromation I need about my up and coming operation, the details I need about the hospital, the pre op and what to do and what happens on the day of the operation. All very informative and helpful. Lots to read, but of importance are the Kegel exercises information - I need to start those and get my pelvic muscles strong for post op incontinence. They are handy to do, as I drive 6 to 7 hours a day, they are something I can do in the car or whilst sat behind an office desk.

Two other surveys within the pack had to be completed, one on the current state of my urinery system. This is so that there is a baseline  to judge against after the operation so we can see how recovery is taking.

The other concerns erectile function . Interesting as its based around the last 4 weeks. Only problem with this being the fact that due to the biopsy and passing blood from the seminary vessals you dont really fancy having sex!! Hum not good, but I answered the quesions as best I could. Its important knowing whats going to happen. Most people I have spoken with on the forums reckon its a long time before their 'member' stirs into life. Well my mother always said I should be a priest - maybe its about to happen ... or at least the abstinence -:)

No comments:

Post a Comment