Pages

Monday 15 October 2012

Sunday 14thOct - Longest drive home in my life

Sunday afternoon, 14th Oct 2012 was when I was discharged from The Priory with instructions to come back on tuesday 16th at 10am for TWOC where they will trial me without the catheter , measuring bladder, slow rates etc .

Walking around the hospital and eveen lifting my laptop had not prepared me for a drive from Birmingham to North Shropshire. Even though Helen drove well, every touch of the brakes and sudden movement I felt inside me. Not on the outside scar, but inside. I spent most of the time, pressing my insides trying to ensure they didnt 'wobble'.

By the time we had gotton from one motorway to another (M54) I was so tired.
We then realised that I needed a shower seat for home and pain killers!! Decided we would stop at Tesco on the way home. This was a mistake but also a bonus - my catheter seemed to block in the car, so I didnt just have the pain of the journey, I now had urine backing up the catheter into my bladder - and this hurt.

So into Tesco we went - Helen to pharmacy, me to the loos - thankgoodness for clean disabled toilets - which i availed myself of. Sorted myself out.

Then I spent 30 mins leaning against a trolley - not pushing it - while we picked up goodies for me to eat at home.

Home time!  ( Really not looking forward to Tuesdays TWOC )

No comments:

Post a Comment