Pages

Thursday 3 July 2014

GP Check up and discussion of possible surgery problems

Hi all, well its been a while and I have almost been upbeat about things. For some time I have been getting pins and needles in the feet and ankles and have really ignored it thinking it would go away. However, recently it got worse so today I went along to the GP and we talked through it - and other matters.

Quite interesting , she wondered, as I have had it over a year, whether there was any possibility I had nerve damage following surgery. A new one on me, but you never know. Still, she was great and booked me for a load of blood tests as a starter to find out whats going on... we joked ... a mini MOT test.

{ Update 3rd July as this original post was written 12 June - blood tests all came back in the clear - booked in to see a neuro expert due to still having problems with the arm and neck, and now the legs issue }

She did ask me about doing a PSA but I declined as it will  be tested via an ultra sensitive in oct at the Priory. It did lead me to saying to her that I don't see the possibility of any BCR - Biochemical Recurrence in the next 15 years as Mr D got it all out.

As usual , it made me think and read ... I learnt something from a new article today .. the most common failure in Prostate Surgery  is cell leakage at the bottom of the prostate (the apex) - apparently there is no capsule at that point. Surgeons who leave too much behind so that your continence is ok and also to preserve the sexual function nerves often leave cancer cells as they cant see them!!  http://www.prostrcision.com/qa/radical-prostatectomy Question 88.

Not that I am worried .... but it gives me a nagging doubt as the bulk of my tumours were at the Apex.

Never mind. Big thing at the moment is to get exercise. When I went into hospital I was under 17 stone, now I am 18 stone 1 pound. I have a waist of 45 and a BMI of 33.4 - Christ I am clinically obese.


Cured Cancer === now a fatty === time for action

No comments:

Post a Comment