Pages

Monday 24 June 2013

Still getting internal sorness - must be my weight gain - have to lose some weight

Been a few weeks since my last posting so its time for an update.

Am walking a lot now, getting back to my regular hillwalking. Hopefully this will help lose the weight I have put on. Am not a doctor but I do suspect that some of the pain/soreness I am still getting internally is purely down to me putting on weight during recuperation.

Think of it this way, the internal stiches are not made of elastic so I assume that as I was thinner when I had surgery 8 months ago I was stitched up pretty tightly. Having put on the flab around the waistline this has probably pulled on the internal wound. So my plans are that if I keep exercising and try and lose weight then maybe these niggling pains will go. Though I do sit here sometimes and think I have a minor hernia. Especially after a long drive and getting out of the car.

Still mustn't moan or cry wolf, time to move on with life.

Bit of good news, had a blood test with work for checking for Lung Cancer. Being an ex smoker thought it would be good to have the test. Brilliant, came back negative, however with a recommendation that I get tested every 2 years as I have a 27% chance of contracting during my lifetime.

Not long until I go to Belgium to do voluntary work with Scouts at an international Jamboree, then I come back and go to see my urologist in Shrewsbury for check up and a standard NHS PSA test.

No comments:

Post a Comment