Pages

Friday 18 January 2013

3 months post op approaching.. ultra sensitive psa results due

Went and gave my blood test last week ready for my three month post operative meeting with consultant urologist. I have heard on support forums the expression 'PSA Anxiety' which is the fear and waiting for your results. Its especially hard after you have had surgery as you are hoping above all for an undetectable result as this means the big C has gone away.  The theory is two tests after surgery , three months separating each , indicates the cancer has not persisted. That's the first goal. You then go for years of regular tests and as long as the PSA doesn't creep up and become detectable then there is no biochemical recurrence,  that's the ultimate goal. The one that stays with you the rest of your life. The reason why the anxiety will always be there. But apparently it gets easier over time.

So Monday I go to The Priory and the beginning of the monitoring starts. Fingers crossed.

Apart from this how have I been. Climbs another Welsh mountain last Sunday. It gets easier. Also I need to lose weight. Have put to much on after the operation and I think its hampering my full recovery.

I have still got that pain in my abdomen still and back pains. Might speak to GP.

ED, well , natural erections are still non existent but I am taking the medication. I need to find out what BUPA can do and otherwise see GP next Thursday about NHS treatment. It comes free on the NHS as its a side effect of prostate cancer treatment. It could be anything up to years to sort this out. Have to stop myself getting depressed about this.

Continence shock.... I thought I had it all sorted out. Haven't worn a pad in a couple of weeks but I have been at home. Big work day today and I did over 7 hours driving and a 3 hours meeting. Have caught a cough and it started last night. Had a bit of stress incontinence last night. Thank god I wore a pad and dark suite today as I was coughing most of the day and leaking. Just found it really hard to control, especially in the car. Still Tena 2 for men did the job nicely. Also gave me real confidence when at work. Seems it might take time to develop the technique when I had a cough.. especially one of these violent winter ones. This is really unusual for me as I don't get colds.

Snow... the whole country is worried about snow today. I was up before 6am and drove 200 miles south , had a meeting and then drove the same back. Shattered . Now the weather man says we may have the same snow on Monday. Please no. This may jeapordise my visit for my results. Really hope not.

Will update the blog here when I have had my clinic visit next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment