Pages

Sunday 11 November 2012

Sneezing, Driving, Walking

Apart from the left arm problem that hasn't gone away , its four and a half weeks since surgery and the scar it healing well on the outside.

Internally things are still healing, I know this as I have the sneeze test. Not that I have a cold but I sneeze a few times a day and still have to compress my stomach or push my fist into my abdomen on the right side to prevent the pain I still get internally from this bodily action. Drove the car yesterday, just a short journey and luckily I wasn't right behind someone as I sneezed and it caused me to take my feet of the pedals and a hand from the steering wheel.

Went for a walk up the Wrekin Hill in Shropshire. A gentle walk that I can normally do up and down in 45 mins. This took 2 hours and as I didn't push it it didn't seem to be a big work out. However when home I was shattered and then today 24hours later I was aching, obviously walking up hill had put a strain that I hadn't felt.  The walking is strengthening my pelvic floor muscles and helping with continence.

Don't think I am the yet for a full day working or longer driving or working away from home. Though I feel better as each day progresses.

Need to resolve the arm issue this week.
Also BUPA support nurse is phoning Monday or Tuesday as I want some advice from them re post op side effect treatment . Its confusing going private as people on NHS seem to have a different support process. Need to clarify a few things. You do get that feeling that you are all alone.. especially when you live in the countryside . Must not get depressed. Things are on the up.

Oh... put my path results into the nanogram for probability of cure and reoccurrence ... should be all clear for 10 years , 98% certainty, however that puts me at 62 years. If I get a reoccurrence in my 60's well salvage radiotherapy is the route.

May be getting paranoid , but with first degree , mother having breast cancer, sister dying at 49 of breast cancer , thoughts have strayed to the brca genes and thoughts of was this the reason I got prostate cancer and am I also at risk of breast cancer. A worry for another day.  Need gp to give me piece of mind about the lumps she said were benign cysts beginning of this year, just to confirm that's what they really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment